Sunday, November 13, 2022

Tiritiri Matangi Island


Today's photo is of a takahē on Tiritiri Matangi, the bird sanctuary which is located in the Hauraki Gulf of New Zealand, 3.4 km east of the Whangaparaoa Peninsula in the North Island and 30 km northeast of Auckland. Earlier this year I visited the island sanctuary with my level 2 biology class. This photo is a reminder that experiencing learning with all your sense is always powerful. But where the deep learning happens is where that experience is then used to inspire deeper inquiry. 

("It's been a little while since I've blogged regularly so to get back in the habit, I thought I would share one photo every day for the remainder of the school year to capture some of my learning, reflections, and creations for 2022. Each photo is accompanied by a short caption. The idea is to keep it short, simple, and reflective. I would love for people to join me - if you do, make sure you include #edphoto22 on whatever platform you share it (Twitter, Mastodon, Facebook, Instagram, wherever...)."

No comments:

Post a Comment